This Specialisation in Construction Law Course (commonly referred to as “the SCL Course”) is ideal for persons who are interested in gaining an understanding of the construction law in South Africa.
Successful candidates will obtain and be presented with a “Certificate of Specialisation in Construction Law”.
Qualification for Enrolment:
Candidates must be members of the Association, and must be either Fellows, lawyers or who have successfully completed Modules 1 and 3 of the Correspondence Courses.
The SCL Course is a 1 year course and candidates will enrol online, whereafter they will be furnished with course notes. The course is mostly self-study based and assignments must be submitted on various prescribed dates. The assignments will be marked by the designated tutor who will also furnish a commentary.
Any person wanting to undertake the course may make application by completing the enrolment form through the link below or through the Association’s web page, www.arbitrators.co.za.
This course is specifically directed at the interests and requirements of practitioners in the construction industry. The course deals with legal principles related to various elements which comprise construction contracts and how they should be dealt with in our law.
Three assignments must be submitted during the course, of which at least 2 must be passed with a 50% pass rate to be eligible for admission to writing the examination.
Workshops and Seminars:
The SCL Course is a correspondence course and, as such, there are no formal lectures presented. Students must attend a 1-day online workshop towards the middle of the year.
Online examinations will be written annually early in December. The examination will be an open book examination.
The enrolment fees (inclusive of VAT) are: R21 000.00
The course material will only be made available to candidates on proof of full payment.
Closing Date for Enrolment:
14 March 2021
Please download the Information Booklet (Module 5).
In an effort to provide some financial relief to our individual and corporate members in the current economic climate, the Association has formulated the following policies for the duration of 2021:
- For individual members, there will be no entry fee, subscription fee or enrolment fee increases.
- For all entry fees, subscription fees and course enrolment fees to be paid on behalf of members by corporate/juristic entities, the following discounts will apply:
- A 5% discount if two employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
- A 10% discount if three employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
- A 15% discount if four employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
- A 20% discount if five to nine employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
- A 25% discount if more than ten employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
Please note that the Association’s Company Rules prescribe that only natural persons may be accepted as members. The responsibility to ensure timeous payment of all fees remains that of individual members, irrespective of who effects such payment on behalf of a member.
You are cordially invited to make use of this offer.