Accelerated Arbitration Course for Advocates and Attorneys
This course is designed specifically for Advocates and practising Attorneys who wish to practise as arbitrators and/or qualify for Fellow status of the Association and for appointment as arbitrators by the Association. The course extends and expands the knowledge and skills that candidates have acquired as a result of their profession. In order to complete this course successfully, candidates should be prepared to devote approximately sixteen hours per week per module to their studies.
Qualification for Enrolment:
The prospective student must be or become a Member of the Association and, in addition thereto, he/she must be a practising Advocate or Attorney with at least five years’ experience as such.
The course consists of the Law and Practice of Arbitration, International Arbitration and Evidence, and Award Writing. The Association’s courses will be presented exclusively through e‑learning.
Any person wanting to undertake the course may make application by completing the enrolment form through the link below. Students will therefore be required to have access to a stable uninterrupted Internet connection and possess the ability to type in order to be able to download the course material, submit the compulsory assignments, receive communications from the Association, and write the online exam.
The enrolment fees (inclusive of VAT) are: R33 500.00
The course material will only be made available to the candidate on proof of full payment.
Closing Date for Enrollment:
28 February 2022
In an effort to provide some financial relief to our individual and corporate members in the current economic climate, the Association has formulated the following policies for the duration of 2022:
- For individual members, there will be no entry fee, subscription fee or enrolment fee increases.
- For all entry fees, subscription fees and course enrolment fees to be paid on behalf of members by corporate/juristic entities, the following discounts will apply:
- A 5% discount if two employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
- A 10% discount if three employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
- A 15% discount if four employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
- A 20% discount if five to nine employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
- A 25% discount if more than ten employees/members/partners or the like apply for membership and/or enrol for courses.
Please note that the Association’s Company Rules prescribe that only natural persons may be accepted as members. The responsibility to ensure timeous payment of all fees remains that of individual members, irrespective of who effects such payment on behalf of a member.
You are cordially invited to make use of this offer.
Learn more about the Association’s Financial Assistance for educational training here.