In addition to the Sandton, Gauteng, Head Office (click here to view), the Association has Branch Committees in two other places which cater to the interests of members in their respective regions:
The KwaZulu‑Natal branch of the Association has a long and proud history. It was established in the 1970’s. Its affairs have been ably managed by a branch committee who are elected annually at the branch annual general meeting.
Alastair is the current Branch Chairman and has been in office as such since 1998. Alastair is a Fellow of the Association, an admitted attorney, notary public and is a senior partner at Cox Yeats Attorneys in Durban. He has for many years served the Durban community as a Small Claims Court Commissioner.
Alastair is ably assisted in the management of the affairs of the branch by a committee comprising:
- Richard Hoal (Member of the Association and partner in Cox Yeats);
- Alan Parsons (Fellow of the Association and qualified Quantity Surveyor);
- Steve Poorter (Fellow of the Association and a member of SAICE);
- Graham Whyte (Fellow of the Association and member of SAICE);
- Clive Wilson (Fellow of the Association and qualified Civil Engineer);
- Kenneth Howie (Fellow of the Association and qualified Architect);
- Johannes Richards.
The branch is active in promoting the profile of the Association and organises and presents two functions annually aimed at the construction industry.
Mr Mitchell is our regional Branch Chairman and he runs the Cape Town branch office of the Association. Mr Mitchell is a qualified Arbitrator, Mediator and Adjudicator, with many years’ of experience. He is the Principal of Arbitration, Conciliation and Mediation Services CC.
He is a Past President of the Master Builders and Allied Trades Association, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building in the UK, a Fellow of the SA Institute of Building, a member of the Association of SA Quantity Surveyors, a Past Chairman of the Building Industry Bargaining Council for the Western Cape, and a Fellow of the Association of Arbitrators. He specialises in ADR in the construction industry.
Mr Mitchell is assisted by a Cape Town committee comprising:
- Howard Boetcher (Fellow of the Association and qualified Quantity Surveyor);
- John Hulme (Fellow of the Association and qualified Engineer);
- Michelle Marias (Fellow of the Association and qualified Quantity Surveyor);
- Vincent Marincowitz (Fellow of the Association, Branch Treasurer and qualified Architect);
- Ian Paul;
- Dirk van Niekerk (Fellow of the Association with a BSc Building (UCT) qualification);
- Adv Deborah Watson;
- Roshana Osman.